- Eclipse 3.7 M1 / Eclipse 4.1 M1 - New and Noteworthy
- Eclipse 3.7 M2a / Eclipse 4.1 M2 - New and Noteworthy
- Eclipse 3.7 M3 / Eclipse 4.1 M3 - New and Noteworthy
- Eclipse 3.7 M4 / Eclipse 4.1 M4 - New and Noteworthy
- Eclipse 3.7 M5 / Eclipse 4.1 M5 - New and Noteworthy
- Eclipse 3.7 M6 / Eclipse 4.1 M6 - New and Noteworthy
- Eclipse 3.7 M7 / Eclipse 4.1 M7 - New and Noteworthy
Like a lot of other I.T. professionals I'm dyslexic and as a result I find it difficult to remember spellings and lists or groups of ordered items. What good is trying to remember SOHCAHTOA if you can't remember how to spell it! So I would like to use this article to document all the Mnemonic Acronyms.
I'm describing a rhyme or saying where the first letter of each word in the rhyme or saying is a memory trigger to help you remember another word. English is big and I'm sure there is a particular word which describes what these are but I don't know what it is, does any one know?
So here is my current list. Please add more to the comments and I'll incorporate them into the article.
Order of colours in our visual spectrum:
- Richard Of York Gave Battle In Vain.
- Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet.
How to work out the Sin, Cos or Tan of an angle:
- Some Old Houses Creak And Howl Through Old Age.
- Sin=Opposite/Hypotenuse Cos=Adjacent/Hypotenuse Tan=Opposite/Adjacent.
7 Layers of the OSI Model (top-down - Application, Presentation, Session, Transport, Network, Datalink, Physical):
- A Pervert Shagged Twenty Nine Dead Pigs.
7 Layers of the OSI Model (bottom-up - Physical, Datalink, Network, Transport, Session, Presentation, Application):
- Phil Demands New Trainers Starting Promto, Alright?
Colour order of electrical resistance (Black = 0, Brown, Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Violet, Grey, White. ):
- Black Boys Rape Our Young Girls But Virgins Go Without.
- Big Boys Race Our Young Girls But Violet Generally Wins.
Order of the planets (Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto):
- Many Volcanos Emit Mulberry Jam Sandwiches Under Normal Pressure.
- My Very Easy Method Just Speeds Up Naming Planets.
The questions pharmacists should ask before allowing someone to buy non-prescription opioids in order to prevent misuse:
WWHAM: Who are they for? What are they for? How long have you been using them? Action Taken? Medication?
mnemonics: My New Experience On Memorising Odd Names Is Carefully Selected.
The 7 P's of Organising: Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
The 8 S's of Camouflage: Shade, Shape, Shadow, Shine, Silhouette, Sound, Spacing, Speed.
If you like this sort of thing then Wikipedia has a huge list of interesting ones.
- Get yourself to the desktop where the time and remaining power icons are located.
- Click the power and network strength icon.
- This will pop up a really useful window which lets you change aspects of your phone like Profile.
- The bottom left button is called Internet Connection and it has written under that which network you are on.
- Incidentally, you can change your network from here too.
- Open the Control Panel (in “classic view").
- Open Regional and Language Options.
- Click the Languages tab.
- Click the Details button.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Make sure that Turn off advanced text services is checked
- Click ok, until all the windows are closed.
- a - select all text on the page.
- b - opens your bookmarks.
- c - does nothing; doesn’t even open the address bar.
- d - add current page to your bookmarks or as a shortcut on the desktop.
- f - find text on page.
- n - opens a new browser window.
- r - reload the page.
- s - save page locally.
- o - open local file.
- x - does nothing; doesn’t even open the address bar.
- z - does nothing; doesn’t even open the address bar.