Sitting here on the Reading RailAir coach travelling to Heathrow and I look up to see there are WiFi stickers on the windows. Top bananas, me thinks, so I got about setting up the connection. The connection manager says it will scan every 10 minutes for a new wireless connection, so I wanted to check that I’ve left the Vodafone 3G network and was now on the bus’ local WiFi network. The bit which tells you which network you are on is not in the connection settings, it’s in the status and profile section.
- Get yourself to the desktop where the time and remaining power icons are located.
- Click the power and network strength icon.
- This will pop up a really useful window which lets you change aspects of your phone like Profile.
- The bottom left button is called Internet Connection and it has written under that which network you are on.
- Incidentally, you can change your network from here too.