A couple of weeks ago, I upgraded one of my Plesk boxes from 8.6.0 to 9.0.0 to 9.0.1 to 9.2.1. All of the upgrade went really well, and everything seemed to work. A week or 2 later, I had a report that all the Mailman lists weren’t working. One could email a list but there would be no bounce and the list would not re-distribute the mail to the members on the list. The mail was being accepted into the system, but not making it’s way through to the Mailman software. I checked the maillog file
/usr/local/psa/var/log/maillogwhich presented the error:
Aug 14 08:00:04 s15217290 qmail: 1250233204.542625 delivery 298628: failure: preline:_fatal:_unable_to_run_/var/qmail/bin/mm_wrapper:_file_does_not_exist/Ok, so where’s that called from? Had a look in the domains qmail folder for a clue and found the file
|/var/qmail/bin/preline /var/qmail/bin/mm_wrapper /usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post my-mailing-list-nameI checked the existence of all the files and found that
/var/qmail/bin/mm_wrapperwas missing. Did a scan of the machine and found that the file in question only exists in
/usr/lib/plesk-9.0. I created a symbolic link from the missing file’s location to the upgrade installation file:
cd /var/qmail/bin ln -s /usr/lib/plesk-9.0/mm_wrapperRestarted qmail and Mailman for completeness and everything after a short while started working again. I have found another problem with the upgrade. The utility I wrote to re-organise the period selection on the AWStat’s page had broken. After a little investigation I discovered that the cron job which runs the AWStat’s processing had changed time, so that it now ran after my program. If you check the time stamp in the
/var/www/vhosts/example.com/statistics/webstat/nav.htmlyou will see the time that it now runs at, so you must adjust your cron tab accordingly.
No feedback yet
Form is loading...