I just wanted to install WordPress with the minimum of fuzz. So is the 1 minute cut and paste guide to installing WordPress under Plesk. First we need to create a database to hold the WordPress articles.
- Login to your Plesk server as root.
- Move to the MySQL database folder:
- Create a folder to create the database:
- Change the permissions so that MySQL likes it:
chown mysql:mysql example_com_wordpress chmod 700 example_com_wordpress
- Go to the WordPress Download page and download the software.
- Unpacked the downloaded file under document root at
tar -xvzf latest.tar.gz mv wordpress blog cd blog
- Change the permissions of the unpacked files to that of the rest of your files.
- Copy the sample configuration file in.
cp -p wp-config.sample.php wp-config.php
- Edit the configuration files and change the database access details.
- Next you need some encryption keys. WordPress have kindly provided a facility that generates the keys for you. Load up https://api.wordpress.org/secret-key/1.1/ and cut and paste the the generated PHP code into the configuration file overwriting the lines already there. The original lines look pretty random already but they must be changed otherwise the baddies will be able to easily break your encryption.
$table_prefixvariable. Extra help can be found on the WordPress web page.
Comment from: Sufalam Technologies [Visitor]
what problem are you having with the database? where you able to run the install script? In theory there is nothing you have to do regarding the database but the set up your mysql username and password for the specific domain in which you are installing wordpress. Let me know if you need help.
Form is loading...