In order to get JMX information out of a running instance of Tomcat under Eclipse, you must add the Sun’s JMX Remote Management debug option to the start-up command of Tomcat.
- Goto the Servers pane at the bottom of the screen. (Or Window->Show View->Server to open the Servers View.)
- Open Tomcat Overview configuration window by double clicking on Tomcat v6.0 Server at localhost.
- Under General Information click the Open launch configuration
- Select the Arguments tabs of the Edit launch configuration properties
- In VM arguments add
- Click Ok and close the Tomcat Overview configuration window.
Comment from: Richard Spencer [Visitor]
Thanks so much for this and the preceding article. I am new to Eclipse, Spring and JMX and without these tips I don’t know if I would ever have got it working. Especially the one about setenv.bat - no-one else I’ve come across has mentioned that. Thanks again!
Form is loading...