Educating the world

Our blog has over 10,000 readers a month

« Text searching files with known extensionsSimple Python example programs with explanations »

8 comments

Comment from: ntgd [Visitor]
ntgd

I am wondering what to do if I want to have omniidl to be runnable from any directory. Is adding ..\x86_win32 to PATH a right solution?

24/03/11 @ 18:06
Comment from: davidnewcomb [Member]
admin

Yes, although I would suggest that you add the absolute path to your PATH environment in stead of a relative path.

25/03/11 @ 09:42
Comment from: Alon Horev [Visitor]
Alon Horev

great job! what would it take for compiling with 64bit?

03/08/11 @ 11:09
Comment from: davidnewcomb [Member]
admin

Where I talk about uncommenting the platform in config.mk I couldn’t find a suitable 64-bit Windows configuration file. This file defines all the compiler configuration options required to build 64-bit objects. You will either have to write one yourself or appeal to the project to create one for you.

You will also have to compile against a 64-bit version of Python as well as 64-bit versions of the supporting libraries. You will probably be able to find most of these yourself.

As 64-bit OS’s become more prevalent software and documentation support will get better, but currently projects like these run much slower than reality. Be patient or lend a hand!

03/08/11 @ 12:39
Comment from: Mous Tatarkhanov [Visitor]
Mous Tatarkhanov

Thanks a lot for being a pioneer in this topic of omniORB customization to our needs!

31/08/11 @ 00:22
Comment from: Dan Koch [Visitor]
Dan Koch

Just tried your file, and when omniidl.exe runs, it throws an error about not finding python27.dll which is in C:\Windows\System32. Any ideas how to debug?

02/09/11 @ 17:14
Comment from: Sam Deleu [Visitor]
Sam Deleu

Thank you very much for this work.
Thanks as-well to have updated the link. This is the kind of integration i would like to have found on the omniorb site.

03/12/12 @ 10:11
Comment from: anu [Visitor]
anu

hey can u pleaseeee tell me the simple steps to install omni orb on ubuntu …..plz its urgent …
having problem in configuration