|« Using quotes in NSIS||Transferring contacts, calendar and notes from the Nokia N95 to the Nokia N900 »|
Using WLAN at home and 3G when out on Nokia N900December 17th, 2009
I wanted to set up my new Nokia N900 to switch between networks depending on where I was. The mobile operator’s 3G network is a billed limited network with a top speed of about 3Mb/s, whereas at home my broadband is always on, has a top network speed of 50Mbps and is already paid for.
The plan is to set up the phone to use the mobile operator’s 3G network when I was wandering the cursed earth but when I got home (or to a mates house) it would automatically connect me to the local free access point.
- From the main application window, select Settings.
- Scroll down to the Connectivity section and click Internet Connections.
- Use the connection wizard under the Connections button, to define a WLAN connection.
- Create as many connections profiles as you like.
- After creating the connection profile you will be returned to the Internet Connections menu.
- Set Connect automatically to Any connection
- Check Switch to WLAN when available.
- Click the Save button.