Educating the world

Our blog has over 10,000 readers a month

« VNC SlownessFinding my clearcase checkins between 2 dates »

Comment from: Brendan [Visitor]

I need to also PMD from for step 19 to work.. Brendan

01/07/09 @ 14:40
Comment from: davidnewcomb [Member]

How did you know that you needed to install this? What error message did it give you?

01/07/09 @ 15:07
Comment from: Elavarasan [Visitor]

I’m getting this error during the step 19.
Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
Software being installed: SpringSource Tool Suite Grails Support (
Missing requirement: SpringSource (com.springsource.sts.grails.ui requires ‘bundle org.codehaus.groovy.eclipse.core 2.0.0′ but it could not be found
Cannot satisfy dependency:
From: SpringSource Tool Suite Grails Support (
To: com.springsource.sts.grails.ui []

17/11/09 @ 10:55
Comment from: Mx [Visitor]

Just to be verbose - I did need WTP, Maven (which needed Subclipse as well)

23/12/09 @ 06:38
Comment from: Ruslan Masold [Visitor]
Ruslan Masold

all what you need now is

23/12/09 @ 16:33
Comment from: Otto [Visitor]

I am having the same issue. Did any of you find a resolution for this?
I tried running the install from “″ but also got missing requirement errors.

01/02/10 @ 20:45
Comment from: wp moore-taylor [Visitor]
wp moore-taylor

you may also need to include a line to add the basic

Mylyn Task List (Required) 3.3.1.v20091215-0000-e3x

or step 8 may well fail.

04/02/10 @ 13:40
Comment from: Sabir Hussain [Visitor]
Sabir Hussain

If you like to install spring tool suite on eclipse galileo SR2 and facing a problem saying mylyn feature group [some-version] is missing, or any similar error, that means your eclipse dont have the required version of that plugin or feature, to resolve such issue follow this:

1) fix the version of the required plugin or feature (ex: on eclipse galileo SR2 mylyn feature group 3.2.3 was available, but STS required mylyn 3.3.3, so I updated the mylyn feature group with 3.3.3 version [see: for desired version], currently STS dont support mylyn 3.4 so you have to update from older builds of mylyn that is 3.3.3)

Mylyn update site for eclipse
a) Mylyn 3.3.3:

b) Mylyn Extras 3.3.3:

2) update only plugin or feature that is required, and that is all you are done. Now you STS install should be flawless.

27/06/10 @ 08:17