Ever since Quantel created a Windows Installer for it's ISA Manager it has become really easy to install and upgrade it. This article will take you through installing and setting up the ISA Manager with 3 Dummy Servers to play with. The Dummy Servers have the same CORBA interface as the Quantel sQ servers and behave like them too. You can record rushes, create clips, clone between servers and do all the normal stuff; the only difference is that there's no real pictures.
The latest ISA Manager is available on the Quantel web site or through your account manager. The installer only works on Windows.
- Right-click on the
ISAManager-setup-Vx.x.x.xexecutable and select Run as administrator.
- Click Next to get passed the welcome screen.
- Click I agree to accept the user agreement.
- On the Database Configuration->Passwords screen accept the default passwords. This defaults to root for the user name and the host name in lower case for the password. Then click Next to move on.
- From the Select the type of install drop down select Install Master. You will see all the components which will be installed. You can not alter this selection. Click Next.
- Accept the defaults for the Start Menu shortcuts' location, then click Next.
- On the Database configuration->Language screen choose the language collation you would like for the database. Collation determines text sort ordering which ties in with using different character sets. Leave it on
utf_general_ciif you are not sure.
- Uncheck the I am at Quantel checkbox. This feature can only be used in combination with the ISA Manager source code and a host of debugging tools. For you it will just slow things down, so click Next to continue.
- On the Database configuration->Configuration screen choose Plug-n-play Dummy Server Configuration. This will install sample data for dummy servers within a dummy zone. Click Next after you make your selection.
- Accept the default of 2096 for the IOR port. This is the HTTP port that is used to deliver the IOR string. This value is largely obsolete because the ISA Manager runs a cut down web server which also delivers the IOR string over the standard port 80. Just accept the default and click Next.
- Depending on your region your system will need to be PAL/625 or NTSC/525, so make your selection on this screen and click Next.
- This is a new installation and not a Legacy system so just accept the defaults for this screen and click Next.
- We don't want to be a Sequence master either. You would only use this if you are installing front end editors as well, which you are not.
- Finally click Install.
The next article will be an instructional guide to running the ISA Manager and Dummy Servers. We will look at how to use the ISA controller to record a clip, create a sub clip, search for them, then play them out through a Dummy Server and finally deleting them.
No feedback yet
Form is loading...