/home/user/.osso/dictionaries/.personal.dictionary /home/user/.osso/dictionaries/.used.dictionaryAs you can imagine this was a pain. I started writing an App to edit these files for you and then I got wind of one that was hidden in the develop-extras repository. It’s been in there for a while and hasn’t changed so I think it’s pretty stable. Here’s a few instructions on installing it from the developer’s extra software repository:
- Load in the App Manager.
- From Uninstall/Download/Update screen open the drop down menu.
- Select Application catalogues.
- Select New.
- Enter Catalogue name: Maemo extras-devel
- Enter Web address: http://reposityory.maemo.org/extras-develop
- Enter Distribution: fremantle
- Enter Components: free non-free
- Make sure the Disabled box is unchecked
- Then click Save.
- The phone will then check for updates and download the latest lists from all of the repositories.
- Click the Download picture in the centre of the Application Manager.
- Click the Utilities section button.
- Type “au” to narrow the search and Auto-Complete Editor will appear in the list.
- Click the App, say that you agree with the Terms and Conditions and click Continue.
- The App will download and install in a few seconds.
- The App will appear as AutoComp Edit in the App list.
Comment from: anon [Visitor]
Comment from: Sillytits [Visitor]
Comment from: Peter E. Humphries [Visitor]
Some of the details in the post are incorrect. For the correct details, check:
Ensure that you spell “fremantle” correctly, use the right URL and replace “user” in Components with “free non-free” – then you should be good to go! :-)
Form is loading...