There are always problems with upgrading server appliance software because of the amount of different configurations there are. So although this article is limited to Plesk the same would be true of any other appliance upgrade. This article is for any problems I encounter along the way and will become a table of contents to any additional software/blogs I write relating to bugs or shortcomings of the new Plesk 9.5.2 software. Upgrading from 9.3.0 to 9.5.1 This update includes a Horde update which is about time. I’ve been awaiting for the extra sync’ing support that it has. A part from Plesk upgrades this version upgrade updates: Watchdog, Mailman and SpamAssassin.
- I highlighted all the packages I wanted to install and installed them. I went in to the 9.5.1 updates section again and Qmail had not been upgraded. I don’t remember seeing it during the first iteration. I may have missed it, but I’m pretty sure I didn’t. It must have appeared!
- The spamassassin daemon (
spamd) did not start so needed to be started manually:
- Machine crashed a couple of days later, but I think it was just a coincidence, as it had the same disk errors we have been seeing for a while.
- Went into the updates section and the “Base packages of Plesk” was showing that there was a new version available. I know I have installed it already. So I installed it again. It now shows that it is up-to-date.
- I had made some changes to the httpd.conf for a particular domain. The upgrade over wrote my changes with a new copy. The new copy was the same as the old copy - thanks!
No feedback yet
Form is loading...