Horde Webmail has a couple of problems with it’s user interface which makes remembering how to do things a bit tricky. I can never seem to remember how you create mail lists (sometimes called mail groups) so thought I’d write it down.
- Log in to horde: Goto http://webmail.example.com/
- Click the Inbox icon from the left hand frame.
- Click the Address Book icon from the navigation bar at the top of the screen.
- From the navigation bar again select Browse.
- From the drop down select (Create a new Contact List in) “My Address Book”
- Select the checkbox on the top line next to Name. This will select all the items on the page.
- Uncheck all the selected names so that just the checkbox on the Name row is checked.
- Click Add.
- If you want you can select some email addresses before clicking Add. Those email addresses will be added to the mailing list first.
- When the New contact list dialogue window pops up, enter the name of the new mailing list you want to add, and click Ok.
- For each person you would like to add to the list:
- Select the letter navigation page link of the person you would like to add so for Tom Jones it’s filed under “T".
- Check Tom’s entry and select the name of the new mailing list from the Contacts drop down box.
- Click Add.
- Click the first initial of the mailing list’s name from the navigation links at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on the name of the entry when it appears.
- This will show all the members of the list
- Find the mailing list from the initial links.
- Select the check box.
- Click the Delete link from the navigation links.
- Click Ok to say you are sure.
Hello Thanks for your help. My problem is in naming a new contact list in the 1st place. When I get to step 5-10 in your instuctions and I click “add” I get “must select a target list". The New contact List dialog window does not open. I hope you can help. Cheers Rhett
Comment from: [Member]
You need to make sure that the drop down in step 5 points to “My Address Book” (and not “Create a new Contact List in")
Comment from: vive [Visitor]
i love this web mail
Comment from: dar [Visitor]
Now how do I send an email to that distribution list? I can’t figure it out.
Comment from: Steven [Visitor]
Thanks, that was a big help
Form is loading...