Tech: Amazon’s AWS, S3, EBS, ELB, EC2, Docker, SpringFramework, git.
Wrote adaptors for: Contentful, Fishbowl, EagleEye, Zonal, Collins, DesignMyNight.
Arch: Backend Spring application exposing JSON RESTful interfaces for 3 branded EmberJs frontends
CI/CD: GOCD and git.
* Created EmberJs Add Ons to centralise code across brands, defined versioning procedures with rules about using Promises which immediately reduced the amount of time developers spent looking for issues.
* Designed, implemented and oversaw implementations of a new table booking system interface so that the customer could trial 3 different vendors simultaneously.
* Wrote https://github.com/davidnewcomb/cfgen4j to create Contentful Java interfaces.
Project 2: Record label and distribution warehouse
Tech end: Spring Framework, JDBC SQL server, JDBC MySQL, git
Arch end: Thin java client runs on handheld scanners talks EJB to Spring Boot application.
Tech scanner: Windows ME, CrE-ME v3.29 (Java VM for ARM)
CI/CD: start) ant + scripts.
CI/CD: End) ant + maven
* Replaced monster WildFly application container with a single executable Spring Boot jar.
* Moved hibernate to use annotations.
* Removed all xml from project and for WildFly that is saying something!!!
* Replaced checked in generated code with WSDL files and repaired build.
* Created virtual scanner allowing us to run scanner code on PC.
* Centralised configuration and created profiles.
* Documented areas of interest and handed project over.
* Solo customer site visits.
Used SOLID principles with KanBan and JIRA. Ran 2 courses on Unix for fellow C# developers to try and bring them into the light!
Adactus is a small software company at will carry out any software challenge. They specialise in a number of sectors but while I worked there it work on their (chain) restaurant client's booking system and web site,