|« Changing the title of an "Add or Remove Programs" entry||Plot multiple locations on Google Maps »|
Adding MySQL users to a Plesk 9.2.1 serverSeptember 1st, 2009
Creating a MySQL user that can only access a particular database instance, is a bit tricky to do from the MySql command line. Fortunately, the people at Plesk have added it into the appliance administration software.
Previous incantations of the Plesk software tried to tackle adding database users, but it wasn’t obvious or straightforward how to go about doing it. Plesk 9.2.1 has come along in leaps and bounds and is much easier to use.
Here is a step-by-step guide for adding a MySQL database, and adding a MySQL database user to access it.
- Log in to the Plesk interface as admin.
- Click Domains on the left hand side.
- Select the domain you would like to add the database instance too from the list on the right hand side.
- Click the Applications & Services section header and select Create Database.
- Fill in the form call the database name something like mydomain_com_my_db_name and click ok.
- You will be forwarded to the section that allows you to create users, so click the Add New Database User.
- Fill in the user name and passwords, then click ok.